Apr 9, 2012

Almost, but not good enough!

No matter how much pre-visualizing you do there is always something unexpected that can challenge your photography. Mostly it's your state of mind that gets the creative juices flowing. But if it doesn't, you end up with lack luster images.

Montauk Point in February is usually cold and bitter especially if there is any kind of wind to add discomfort to the experience. I was prepared for the cold and the wind so I don't have too many excuses. I was properly dressed. But I think I was more interested in getting to a warm spot like John's Pancake House back in town instead of really wanting to explore all the photo opportunities available.

Here a few shots from the dawn excursion to Montauk Point.

I could have worked the location a little more.


Next time I want to try from the front with the lighthouse blocking the sun. I wonder if it's better to go down to Turtle Cove and try from that angle. Maybe Turtle Cove would be better later in the day but not quite sunset.

A few more trips would expand my familiarity with the various photo opportunities there.

1 comment:

  1. I went there often. I have many pictures. I never went in the winter though. Too cold for me :)
    montauk point

    ReplyDelete