Jan 1, 2013

Everyday: A year + of self-portraits

Last year I started a personal project with the goal of taking a year's worth of self-portraits. The video here is the result and the images were taken everyday in various locations using the iPhone app "Everyday." After a week  of just taking straight on portraits, I decided to include the background to give the photos some context. Sometimes I included a person for some added fun. Since I did a lot of traveling during 2012, you will notice backgrounds that include scenes in New Mexico, New York, Long Island, Florida, India, Nepal, China and Thailand. Some scenes are in restaurants, on boats, in automobiles, buses and airplanes and airports. You will notice that I don't shave everyday, I wear the same clothes a lot and sometimes I have to force myself to smile.

With all that said, this personal project helped me develop a habit of taking a photo a day. I have already started a new project which I will write about in future posts.


If you're interested, you can get the "Everyday" iPhone app from Little Pixels in the iTunes store. See a promotional video and download the app here.

No comments:

Post a Comment